Dr Madhavi Manoharan
(Gynaecologist in Cayman Islands)
MBBS, MD, FRCOG
OBSTETRICIAN & GYNAECOLOGIST (OBGYN)
Prior to becoming an gynecologist or gynaecologist in Cayman Islands, I have more than 23 years’ experience in obstetrics and gynaecology,which includes a decade in tertiary care and seven years as a tertiary consultant at the prestigious Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust in North London. I was also assistant professor of clinical obstetrics and gynaecology at the equally prestigious and world-renowned Weil Cornell Medicine, in their Qatar campus, part of Cornell University.
I am passionate about delivering sensitive, compassionate gynaecology care for women in the Cayman Islands, and hold myself to the highest standards of safety as both gynaecology surgeon and accredited colposcopist.
Book an Appointment
My Gynaecology Practice Information
Gynaecologist in Cayman Islands (Obgyn, OB/GYN, OB Doctor, Gynecologist!)
Tel: (345) 745-7450
Fax: (345) 745-7460
Location: Grand Pavilion (Hibiscus Way Entrance), 802 West Bay Road
Mailing Address: Box 934, 10 Market Street, Camana Bay, George Town, Grand Cayman, KY1-9006
Clinic Fees Information: https://obgyn.ky/clinic-fees-information/
Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
Saturday: 9am to 1pm
I am available for walk-in appointments, although it ibest to book online to ensure you are seen at a time convenient to you. I have a lovely colleague, Dr Lisa Joels, Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, so we do pride oursleves on being there for you when you need us.
Finding My Clinic
We are very easy to find!
Book an Appointment
About Me – Gynaecologist in Cayman Islands
I arrived on Island in early 2021, where I joined a team that puts excellence in care and service at the foremost of everything we do. As a gynaecologist in Cayman Islands, I work in a multispecialty clinic in Grand Pavilion focused on Women’s, Children’s & Family Medicine Practice, including Dermatology. I am a gynaecologist (gynecologist) but also a highly-experienced gynaecology surgeon, with formal accreditation in colposcopy and certification in performing trans-abdominal and trans-vaginal scans to identify or explore gynaecology issues.
As a gynaecology surgeon, I cover a wide range of procedures with an emphasis on safe surgery and a focus on minimal access or laparoscopic surgery where appropriate.
GMC REGISTRATION: Full registration April 2004. No: 6062987
SPECIALIST REGISTER: 2010 Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Gynaecology Career Highlights for Dr Madhavi Manoharan
(Prior to becoming a Gynaecologist in Cayman Islands)
- 10+ years as a tertiary consultant in obstetrics & gynaecology
- 7 years as a consultant in the highly prestigious Royal Free London Hospitals
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Examiner for the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Associate Professor Cornel University (Cornell Weil Qatar Campus)
- Accredited in Colposcopy by The British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- Qualified in Adominal & Transvaginal Diagnostic Ultrasound
OBGYN vs Gynecologist vs Gynaecologist in Cayman Islands
As a former Assistant Professor in a US University and Consultant in United Kingdom NHS, I am aware that there are more titles for my profession than almost any other specialty! They all mean the same thing.
And there are more. You may well see these combinations too:
- OB Doctor
- Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
- Gynae Consultant
It all works for me and for you, you can rest assured they are just different variations for the exact same person!
OBGYN or Obstetrician & Gynaecologist is a title that includes many dimensions of women’s health. I have a tertiary training, accreditation and experience in the following aspects of women’s care:
- Gynaecology (Gynecology)
- Gynaecology Surgery (including minimal access or laparoscopic surgery)
- Abdominal & Trans-vaginal Ultrasound
- Diagnostic & Interventional Colposcopy (Accredited)
- Obstetrics i.e. Pregnancy
- High Risk Pregnancies
- Fetal-Maternal Medicine
Arrange to Meet Me
My Services in Gynaecology in Cayman Islands
I offer a comprehensive range of diagnostic, treatment & surgical services as a Gynaecologist in Cayman Islands, from our dedicated Women’s Health Suite at Grand Pavilion, West Bay Road, Grand Cayman. Please do ask if something is missing.
- Diagnosis and management of benign gynaecological problems
- Menstrual problems including bleeding after intercourse, postcoital bleeding or post-menopausal bleeding
- Menopause care & services
- Pelvic pain and painful intercourse
- Urogynaecological issues, prolapse and incontinence
- Hormone problems including menopause and polycystic ovary syndrome
- Ovarian cysts and fibroids
- Vulval disorders
- Screening services including cervical smear tests
Gynaecology Surgery & Procedures
- Gynaecological ultrasound, including both abdominal & trans-vaginal
- Minimal access surgery & advanced laparoscopic procedures for endometriosis, adhesions & benign ovarian cysts
- Hysteroscopic surgery
- Removal and resection of polyps and fibroids
- Open surgery including hysterectomy, removal of fibroids and large benign ovarian masses
Appointment Booking with Dr Madhavi Manoharan, Gynaecologist in Cayman Islands
Please simply work through the steps on screen. If you have seen one of our our team previously, it is likely we have your details in the system. Please use the following information when prompted to do so:
- Your own email
- Your name (or child’s name, if booking for them)
- Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy) (or Child’s…)
- Your Gender (or Child’s)
Booking on Mobile
If you are using a smartphone, it helps to turn your screen sideways (landscape).
Urgent Care/ Sick Appointments
If you cannot see an appointment slot available, please call us on (345) 745 7450 within office hours or on the Out-of-Hours Service (345) 326 4370 (Note: Calls only, Out-of-Hours Only) as we can almost always see urgent cases.
Online booking with instant confirmation
Please simply work through the steps on screen. On mobile, try turning your phone sideways.
Education, Training & Experience
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- MD – Doctorate of Medicine
- FRCOG – Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- CCT – Certificate of Completion of Training in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Fetal Medicine (RCOG Special Skills Module Accreditation)
- Advanced Labour Ward Practitioner (RCOG Accreditation)
- Diploma in Obstetric Ultrasound
- Ultrasound Imaging in Managing Gynaecological Conditions (RCOG Special Skills Module Accreditation)
- DGO – Diploma in Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Accredited by the BSCCP (The British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology)
- DFFP – Diploma of the Faculty of Family Planning
In addition to her explicit qualifications, Dr Manoharan has extensive additional training and experience in the following areas:
- Maternal medicine & high-risk obstetrics
- Fetal anomalies & growth restriction
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery
- Minimal access surgery
- Hysteroscopic surgery
- Vulval disease
- PROMPT Obstetric Emergencies Training (including as instructor)
- Trans-abdominal and trans-vaginal scans for early pregnancy problems
- Managing obstetric emergencies such as emergency caesarean sections especially with major antepartum bleedings and extreme prematurity along with severe pre-eclampsia and eclampsia Diabetes in pregnancy
- Contraception including insertion of contraceptive coils and implants
- Clinical governance and risk management
NOTE: I HAVE A WHOLE PAGE ON MY GYNAE EXPERIENCE & SERVICES
I have a long, broad-based training and experience in gynaecology services, including as a tertiary consultant in a prestigious London teaching hospital.
I am confident in both abdominal and vaginal hysterectomy, open myomectomy, vaginal repairs and hysteroscopic resection of polyps and fibroids. I am trained in advanced laparoscopic surgery, minimal access procedures, surgery for endometriosis including, excision of endometriosis, ovarian cystectomy and other operative laparoscopic procedures including adhesiolysis, salpingo-oophorectomy and ectopic pregnancy. I have carried out LAVH and laparoscopic subtotal hysterectomies and total laparoscopic hysterectomies.
I have a specific training in trans-abdominal and trans-vaginal gynaecological ultrasound scanning and can conduct this routinely in clinic for benign gynaecological conditions.
I am experienced in the management of women with prolapse, menstrual disorders, pelvic mass and fibroids.
I am accredited by The British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology in Colposcopy in both diagnosis and treatment of benign gynaecological conditions, including routinely performing colposcopy within the clinic environment.
My obstetric experience spans 23 years, including more than a decade at tertiary level and 7 years as consultant at the prestigious Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust. I have a special interest in both obstetric safety and in high-risk pregnancies, backed up by a training in maternal medicine and a specialist interest and formal accreditation in fetal medicine.
I believe in supporting women in shared decision-making about mode of delivery, including aiming for normal vaginal delivery and vaginal birth after caesarean section. I am experienced in caesarean section, instrumental vaginal delivery including ventouse and forceps. I have experience of vaginal breech deliveries and vaginal twin deliveries.
I have a special interest in diabetes in pregnancy, with extensive experience of conducting antenatal diabetic clinics, including jointly with an endocrinologist.
High Risk Obstetrician
My training and accreditation in fetal and maternal medicine has led to extensive experience in the managing women with pregnancies complicated by severe growth restriction, twin or multiple pregnancies and pregnancies with fetal anomalies. I have had training in early pregnancy scanning for identifying early pregnancy problems like miscarriage, ectopic and molar pregnancies.
I have had training in managing obstetric emergencies (including as instructor). My experience in managing obstetric emergencies extends to emergency caesarean sections especially with major antepartum bleedings and extreme prematurity along with severe pre-eclampsia and eclampsia.
In reproductive medicine I am experienced in diagnosis and management of infertility and manage patients undergoing ovulation induction, IVF and IUI. I have been trained to perform open tubal microsurgery including reversal of sterilisation, tubal surgery and cuff salpingostomy. I now carry out most of the tubal surgery laparoscopically.
- Diagnostic assessment of both female and male partners experiencing a delay in conceiving
- Investigations including ultrasound and laparoscopic assessment of the woman’s pelvis and tubal patency
- Assessment and treatment of hormone disorders
- Onward referral to assisted conception services where appropriate
- Understanding of the psychosocial consequences of a delay in conceiving
I have a specialist interest, training and accreditation in fetal and maternal medicine. I have extensive experience in the managing women with pregnancies complicated by severe growth restriction, twin or multiple pregnancies and pregnancies with fetal anomalies.
Fetal Medicine sits really between obstetrics and neonatal medicine, providing care and diagnosis for your baby whilst in-utero. This is especially important in the event of complications or fetal anomalies. In this situation, I provide pregnancy care and guidance with those complications in mind, including coordinating care with my neonatal colleagues to ensure birth is carefully planned with safety in mind.
Latest News & Views from Dr Madhavi
Menopause and osteoporosis – what’s the link? Menopause causes a wide variety of changes in the female body, as estrogen levels decrease, and the menstrual cycle stops. Estrogen is an important female sex hormone with many vital roles in the body, one of which is...
October is Menopause Awareness Month and so we wanted to provide a series of pieces about the menopause to help educate and raise greater awareness of the many menopause symptoms. What is Menopause? Menopause is said to have occurred when a woman has stopped...
It’s been a busy year for our Complete Care Pregnancy Team, the only one in the Cayman Islands that combines tertiary Obstetricians, a Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist and Neonatologists (Newborn Care Specialists), along with dedicated Midwifery, all within one...
What is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome & What are the PCOS Symptoms? Polycystic ovary syndrome (or PCOS) is a common condition in which the female ovaries produce above-average levels of the male sex hormone testosterone. Testosterone, in the right amounts, plays a...
Meet Our Unique Cayman OBGYN Team
Our Team covers Obstetrics, Fetal Medicine, Gynaecology, Nursing & Midwifery
100% female, true-multidisciplinary, tertiary medical team, including working alongside a full paediatric/neonatal team, supported by highly experienced nursing & midwifery team.