Dr Madhavi Manoharan
(OBGYN Cayman Islands)
MBBS, MD, FRCOG
OBSTETRICIAN & GYNAECOLOGIST (OBGYN)
Welcome to my brief introduction page, designed to signpost you to the most useful information for you and what you are looking for. I am a highly experienced Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, as well as specialist in Fetal-Maternal Medicine, working in the only women health team in Cayman Islands that is 100% female, 100% tertiary and that bridges obstetrics (pregnancy care), fetal medicine and neonatal medicine all under one roof, as well as gynaecology and gynae surgery. I am delighted to help you discover more about me and the services we offer.
Book an Appointment
Dr Madhavi Manoharan Career Highlights
(From prior to being an OBGYN Cayman Islands)
- More than a decade working as a tertiary consultant in obstetrics & gynaecology, including 7 years at prestigious Royal Free London Hospitals
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Lead for Diabetes services in pregnancy, including the harmonization and modernization of diabetes in pregnancy guidelines across multiple hospitals
- Special interest & accreditation in Fetal-maternal Medicine, serving my interest in High-Risk Pregnancies
- Examiner for the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Associate Professor Cornel University (Cornell Weil Qatar Campus)
- Accredited in Colposcopy by The British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- Obstetrics i.e. Pregnancy
- High Risk Pregnancies
- Fetal-Maternal Medicine
- Gynaecology Surgery (including minimal access or laparoscopic surgery)
- Abdominal Ultrasound
- Diagnostic & Interventional Colposcopy (Accredited)
Book an Appointment
My Practice Information
OBGYN Cayman Islands – Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (Gynecologist)
Tel: (345) 745-7450
Fax: (345) 745-7460
Location: Grand Pavilion (Hibiscus Way Entrance), 802 West Bay Road
Mailing Address: Box 934, 10 Market Street, Camana Bay, George Town, Grand Cayman, KY1-9006
Clinic Fees Information: https://obgyn.ky/clinic-fees-information/
Clinic Times (Grand Pavilion)
Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
Saturday: 9am to 1pm
Finding My Clinic
We are very easy to find!
Arrange to Meet Me
Appointment Booking with Dr Madhavi Manoharan, OBGYN Cayman Islands
Please simply work through the steps on screen. If you have seen one of our our team previously, it is likely we have your details in the system. Please use the following information when prompted to do so:
- Your own email
- Your name (or child’s name, if booking for them)
- Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy) (or Child’s…)
- Your Gender (or Child’s)
Booking on Mobile
If you are using a smartphone, it helps to turn your screen sideways (landscape).
Urgent Care/ Sick Appointments
If you cannot see an appointment slot available, please call us on (345) 745 7450 within office hours or on the Out-of-Hours Service (345) 326 4370 (Note: Calls only, Out-of-Hours Only) as we can almost always see urgent cases.
Online booking with instant confirmation
Please simply work through the steps on screen. On mobile, try turning your phone sideways.
Education, Training & Experience
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- MD – Doctorate of Medicine
- FRCOG – Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- CCT – Certificate of Completion of Training in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Fetal Medicine (RCOG Special Skills Module Accreditation)
- Advanced Labour Ward Practitioner (RCOG Accreditation)
- Diploma in Obstetric Ultrasound
- Ultrasound Imaging in Managing Gynaecological Conditions (RCOG Special Skills Module Accreditation)
- DGO – Diploma in Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Accredited by the BSCCP (The British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology)
- DFFP – Diploma of the Faculty of Family Planning
In addition to her explicit qualifications, Dr Manoharan has extensive additional training and experience in the following areas:
- Maternal medicine & high-risk obstetrics
- Fetal anomalies & growth restriction
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery
- Minimal access surgery
- Hysteroscopic surgery
- Vulval disease
- PROMPT Obstetric Emergencies Training (including as instructor)
- Trans-abdominal and trans-vaginal scans for early pregnancy problems
- Managing obstetric emergencies such as emergency caesarean sections especially with major antepartum bleedings and extreme prematurity along with severe pre-eclampsia and eclampsia Diabetes in pregnancy
- Contraception including insertion of contraceptive coils and implants
- Clinical governance and risk management
My obstetric experience spans 23 years, including more than a decade at tertiary level and 7 years as consultant at the prestigious Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust. I have a special interest in both obstetric safety and in high-risk pregnancies, backed up by a training in maternal medicine and a specialist interest and formal accreditation in fetal medicine.
I believe in supporting women in shared decision-making about mode of delivery, including aiming for normal vaginal delivery and vaginal birth after caesarean section. I am experienced in caesarean section, instrumental vaginal delivery including ventouse and forceps. I have experience of vaginal breech deliveries and vaginal twin deliveries.
I have a special interest in diabetes in pregnancy, with extensive experience of conducting antenatal diabetic clinics, including jointly with an endocrinologist.
High Risk Obstetrician
My training and accreditation in fetal and maternal medicine has led to extensive experience in the managing women with pregnancies complicated by severe growth restriction, twin or multiple pregnancies and pregnancies with fetal anomalies. I have had training in early pregnancy scanning for identifying early pregnancy problems like miscarriage, ectopic and molar pregnancies.
I have had training in managing obstetric emergencies (including as instructor). My experience in managing obstetric emergencies extends to emergency caesarean sections especially with major antepartum bleedings and extreme prematurity along with severe pre-eclampsia and eclampsia.
In reproductive medicine I am experienced in diagnosis and management of infertility and manage patients undergoing ovulation induction, IVF and IUI. I have been trained to perform open tubal microsurgery including reversal of sterilisation, tubal surgery and cuff salpingostomy. I now carry out most of the tubal surgery laparoscopically.
- Diagnostic assessment of both female and male partners experiencing a delay in conceiving
- Investigations including ultrasound and laparoscopic assessment of the woman’s pelvis and tubal patency
- Assessment and treatment of hormone disorders
- Onward referral to assisted conception services where appropriate
- Understanding of the psychosocial consequences of a delay in conceiving
I have a specialist interest, training and accreditation in fetal and maternal medicine. I have extensive experience in the managing women with pregnancies complicated by severe growth restriction, twin or multiple pregnancies and pregnancies with fetal anomalies.
Fetal Medicine sits really between obstetrics and neonatal medicine, providing care and diagnosis for your baby whilst in-utero. This is especially important in the event of complications or fetal anomalies. In this situation, I provide pregnancy care and guidance with those complications in mind, including coordinating care with my neonatal colleagues to ensure birth is carefully planned with safety in mind.
NOTE: I HAVE A WHOLE PAGE ON MY GYNAE EXPERIENCE & SERVICES
I have a long, broad-based training and experience in gynaecology services, including as a tertiary consultant in a prestigious London teaching hospital.
I am confident in both abdominal and vaginal hysterectomy, open myomectomy, vaginal repairs and hysteroscopic resection of polyps and fibroids. I am trained in advanced laparoscopic surgery, minimal access procedures, surgery for endometriosis including, excision of endometriosis, ovarian cystectomy and other operative laparoscopic procedures including adhesiolysis, salpingo-oophorectomy and ectopic pregnancy. I have carried out LAVH and laparoscopic subtotal hysterectomies and total laparoscopic hysterectomies.
I have a specific training in trans-abdominal and trans-vaginal gynaecological ultrasound scanning and can conduct this routinely in clinic for benign gynaecological conditions.
I am experienced in the management of women with prolapse, menstrual disorders, pelvic mass and fibroids.
I am accredited by The British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology in Colposcopy in both diagnosis and treatment of benign gynaecological conditions, including routinely performing colposcopy within the clinic environment.
Latest News & Views from Dr Madhavi
What is Endometriosis Endometriosis is a common gynaecological disorder thought to affect up to 10% of reproductive-aged women[i] worldwide. In people with endometriosis, tissue that normally lines the inside of the uterus (the endometrium) starts to grow in other...
October is Menopause Awareness Month and so we wanted to provide a series of pieces about the menopause to help educate and raise greater awareness of the many menopause symptoms. What is Menopause? Menopause is said to have occurred when a woman has stopped...
It’s been a busy year for our Complete Care Pregnancy Team, the only one in the Cayman Islands that combines tertiary Obstetricians, a Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist and Neonatologists (Newborn Care Specialists), along with dedicated Midwifery, all within one...
What is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome & What are the PCOS Symptoms? Polycystic ovary syndrome (or PCOS) is a common condition in which the female ovaries produce above-average levels of the male sex hormone testosterone. Testosterone, in the right amounts, plays a...
Meet Our Unique Cayman OBGYN Team
Our Team covers Obstetrics, Fetal Medicine, Gynaecology, Nursing & Midwifery
100% female, true-multidisciplinary, tertiary medical team, including working alongside a full paediatric/neonatal team, supported by highly experienced nursing & midwifery team.